Week 8 is over…

Oh my, it’s almost impossible for me to believe that week eight is over. One more weekend left of Bristol.

This ended up being a pretty good weekend really.  Saturday I was beign followed for a documentary and so I had a camera on me off and on most of the day.  I’m hoping they actually managed to get some usable footage, and that I wasn’t a complete waist of their time. They did a little more Sunday morning to of the whole parking lot ritual.  I did notice that the presence of the camera ended to draw more cast over to “play” with me this weekend.   Actors are to Cameras as  Moths are to Flames?   Karl and I went on a shopping rampage Saturday and Sunday both.  Saturday I bought 8 pounds of scrap leather.  Hey they were having a sale… what can I say…  I think I may have to get more this coming weekend as I had an idea today on the way into work for what I’m goign to do with some of it.   (I’m thinking possibly a patchwork leather garment of some sort for Camelot. I’m going to have to look at the more medieval style clothes to figure out what would be appropriate… Ok, to many time perids anymore 😉 )

Sunday Chris, Stacey, and Abby came up  for a visit.  I spend most of the day with them until they left around 2:30.  We hit a few shows, did some random shopping… watched the fantasticals, and then went down to the vegatable justice booth.  I like to hit that area at least once a year just to listen to the guy in the booth harras poeple.  Stacey convinced Chris to take a few tosses at him…  When Chris got up there Veggi guy started razzing him about golfing, and washing his bosses balls…  Just then the kid next to Chris came close to hitting the guy, and so as the guy was distracted by that shot Chris pitched a shot right directly onto the guys forehead.  {TWACK}  I actually saw the guy recoil from the impact. (Have I mentioned Chris was a pitcher… hehehe…)  Veggi dude then dissapeared back into the box for a second or two.   When he re-appeared Chris let another one fly that barely missed his head again.  The third pitch again beand the guy hard in the head and sent the crowd into a frenzy.  Veggi guy then hid in the box holding up props instead of putting himself in the line of fire again.  🙂

Later in the afternoon Karl and I got to spend some time hanging out, shopping, and playing with random patrons.  That went pretty well and we both had a great time with it.  It’s so much easier to play around with people when you have someone to work with.  I still don’t think I woudl ever join cast, but I don’t mind playing around like Karl and I did.

Saturday and Sunday’s 4:00 starboard watch show featured a massive shanty sing out.  They invited all teh maritime patrons, and cast to join in and we had quite the group going.  It was a blast.

Overall this ended up being one of if not the best weekend of the run for me.