- Its morning… I am still exhausted… Ugh… Long day ahead… #
Month: July 2009
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-18
- I am absolutly devoid of any motivation this morning. That will change once I'm on site I'm sure but for now… Yawn… ZZZZZ… #
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-17
- Awww, there's apparently no camels at Bristol this year… That makes me sad… #
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-16
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-15
- I sang two songs a capella tonight at open mic. There was even 20 some people as an audience who all applauded & cheered very loudly. wow! #
On Sunday all of Bristol mourned the loss of our friends who had passed from this world during the past year. This is accomplished by a solem, period accurate march by our military. I caught up with the procession at it’s end where I was able to hear the final words of tribute.
After the conclusion to the procession there were many standing about trying to hold on to or possibly regain their composure. I offered comfort and support where I could.
As most began to trickle away I became aware of a young girl standing in our presence. I turned to her and smiled and waved, a pleasant and warm smile greeted me back with a timid wave tossed in for good measure. I approached and knelt down so that we might speak.
I began the conversation asking her how her day was going. She replied with confidence and the verbal eloquence that could have rivaled the queen herself. As our conversation continued she proceeded to describe for me, in vivid detail, her experiance earlier at the maypole. As she spoke the sorrow I had felt from the parade lifted and I could not help but be infected by her enthusiasm. Our conversation ended and she politely excused herself so that she could continue her days adventure.
I stood up and again waved as she left the area. Just then our mistress of misrule passed by still greiving for a dear friend. I called out to her but she did not hear me as she rushed to the maypole to meet up with her cast. I ran after her finally catching her attention in the shadow of the town square public house.
I could see the grief weighing upon her heavily, and informed her that I had a story for her that might just help. I then proceeded to tell her of the child I had spoken to only minutes before. As I did a smile washed over her face. “thank you, that was exactly what I needed.”
We later saw each other again and to my surprise the young angel was just a few feet away entranced by the marionette and smiling away, her day still bright and cheerful. These are the truly precious moments that make all we put ourselves through worth every drop of sweat.
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-14
- #lunar pages appears to be down, I cannot get to my server or any of their servers… This is not cool! #
- I just called Lunar Pages, "We are experiencing network latency issues at our San Diego network facility." Latency??? #lunarpages #
- Gave up on working on website for tonight. I'm off to the Stonefire Pub in Yorkville, IL for #openmic night. #
- My web sites are back up! Yea #lunarpages #
Opening Weekend 2009 – Best & Worsts
- First thing Saturday morning being set upon by the Sheriff and his men, and getting patrons to lie to him in my defense 🙂
- Having so many friends show up to support Andy and I at our first show in Kids Kingdom Saturday. It meant a lot!
- Having a much larger audience at the end of Andy and I’s show than at the beginning.
- Singing in the street with Jon Baade, and Jen Brinkman, and earlier with Jen Spitzer
- Having a patron shout “you bastard!” at the sheriff when he attacked Jyncks, and the bursts of laughter when I “re-inflated” Jyncks after the fight.
- Watching Robin and his men fawn over Jyncks after his defeat and totally ignore Little john writhing in agony on the ground.
- Being able to help in the process of re-uniting a little lost girl, Lizzy, with her parents.
- A sweet little extremely well mannered and well spoken ~5year old girl who right after the funeral described to me in great detail her exciting time at the maypole.
- Being in the right place at the right time to support friends after the funeral procession
- Sundays Funeral Procession
- Missing out on the Musicians revel I love so much
- The serendipity moment of being out with the repaired “pirate’s booty” puppet when we encountered a group of blind children. (Details to come)
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-13
Twitter Updates for 2009-07-12
- I cannot believe its morning already ugh. I hope I can pace myself today and have any voice left for my show, yesterday was hard on it. #
- Saturday highlights, bounding main visiting our show, singing w/ jen , jennifer & baade, sherrif robbing me, friends at kk, deflated jyncks #
- Home, now for sleep #